- July 15, 2017: deadline to submit abstracts for proposed conference papers; abstracts should be 500-1,000 words in length (not including references) and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include a 100-word biography of each author and 6-8 keywords describing your proposal. Work should be original, not previously published elsewhere.
- Mid-August 2017: decisions on abstracts submitted to the conference
- February 15, 2018: full 7,000-word papers due for initial round of feedback by conference peers
- May 22–23, 2018: conference in Munich, Germany, at the Center for Advanced Studies, Ludwig-Maximilians-
- Post-conference: peer-review and feedback process leading toward publication in either the special issue of Digital Journalism or edited volume
- Selection of papers published in Digital Journalism as well as a proposed edited volume.
- Free accommodation for presenters.
- Needs-based travel bursaries.
- No conference fee.
- Precedes 2018 ICA conference in nearby Prague.