The special issue of Digital Journalism containing a selection of papers presented at the conference is now out.
Here's the rundown:
- David Caswell, Bronwyn Jones & Rhianne Jones on structured journalism/atomised news
- Bronwyn Jones, Rhianne Jones, Heather Ford, and Jonathon Hutchinson on news bots/chat bots
- Jonathan Stray on AI in investigative journalism
- Bodó Balázs and Natali Helberger on news personalization/news recommender systems
- Matt Carlson on mechanical objectivity in journalism
- Marko Milosavljevic & Igor Vobic on professional journalistic roles in automated newsrooms
We also have commentaries by Nick Diakopoulos & Andrea Guzman.
Seth Lewis, Jessica Kunert and I have also written a full-length introduction.
Thanks again to our sponsors the VolkswagenStiftung & the Center for Advanced Studies at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, and also to the Digital Journalism editorial team, Oscar T. Westlund, Edson Tandoc Jr., and Kristy Hess.